In the completion process of the Single Market, European Union gave place to a legal framework which facilitates the adaptation of the activities for natural persons, companies, firms and other legal bodies to the economic conditions of the Union in order to cooperate effectively across frontiers. One of the regulations made within this legal framework is the European Economic Chamber of Trade, Commerce and Industry (EEIG) established in accordance with the Council Legislation numbered 2137/85/EEC and dated 25 July 1985 and issued by the European Economic Community.
Based on this point, European Economic Chamber of Trade, Commerce and Industry, EEIG founded in line with the legal framework of EEIG is an economy-oriented non-profit organization which is registered at Commercial Courts of Brussels and administrated in international scale.
The central office of EEIG is situated in Brussels.
EEIG is a party to the “EU Transparency Register” which shows the works within the EEIG are transparent and take place in compliance with the law as well as in due respect of ethical principles, avoiding undue pressure, illegitimate or privileged access to information or to decision makers. As a public lobby group, the EEIG endeavours to be a mediator between partners in the Internal Market and between business partners in the Member States of the European Union and the rest of the world.
This association of individual and corporate members who have the same aims was founded in order to contribute to the EU harmonization of economy and has been then working for the following aims and objectives:
- General support of the political aims and objectives of the EU governments by the private sector: Especially by promoting the cross-border cooperation in Europe to complete the single market with business contracts project engineering and financing, joint-ventures
- Consolidation of the European single market: Increasing the economic growth and standard of living, mainly full employment, job security, consumer protection, environment protection.
- Support of the EU enlargement to Eastern European countries: Market research, business contacts, management and staff training, know-how transfer, standardization.
- Bridge-building to new markets in Third Countries and in overseas: Exchange of products and services and facing with the globalization.
- Support of selected projects by interdisciplinary solutions and financing: Promotion of research and development, raising funds by public and private investors.
- Commitment to future topics, technologies and the human future: Promoting ecology and sustainable goods production, innovations, realization of positive visions
European Economic Chamber of Trade, Commerce and Industry EEIG acts for advocating the interests of entrepreneurs and the rights of employees and consumers as well. In these endeavours, it develops itself and keeps giving service regarding the requirements of a global world.